Twitter Files Matt Taibbi: The files show the FBI acting as doorman to a vast program of social media surveillance and censorship, encompassing agencies across the federal government – from the State Department to the Pentagon to the CIA.
The operation is far bigger than the reported 80 members of the Foreign Influence Task Force (FITF), which also facilitates requests from a wide array of smaller actors – from local cops to media to state government.
This writes award-winning author and investigative reporter, Matt Taibbi on his blog:
Thousands upon thousands of official “reports” flowed through the FITF and the FBI’s San Francisco field office.
After weeks of “Twitter Files” reports, the FBI issued a statement Wednesday.
It didn’t refute allegations. Instead, it decried “conspiracy theorists” publishing “misinformation,” whose “sole aim” is to “discredit the agency.”
They must think us unambitious, if our “sole aim” is to discredit the FBI. After all, a whole range of government agencies discredit themselves in the #TwitterFiles. Why stop with one?
- Elon Musk and the Twitter Files demonstrates Twitter was an FBI subsidiary
- Elon Musk: Almost every conspiracy theory about Twitter turned out to be true
- The Twitter Papers Reveal the Totalitarians Among Us
- One Year Later: How the Biden Admin, Big Tech and Pfizer Fooled Americans into Taking “FDA Approved” COVID Vaccines that Never Actually Existed
- Parler CEO John Matze: Big Tech, not the government now run the marketplace